What is Rotterdam to you? Tell it to the world
We invite you, Rotterdammer or lover of Rotterdam, to give your answer to the question: “What is Rotterdam to you?” Your stories, photos and/or videos will be used as an important source of inspiration for the directors and screenwriters of the international feature film Rotterdam, I Love You that we will be shooting next year. The aim is to present Rotterdam in an honest, authentic way in the film.
We nodigen jou, Rotterdammer of liefhebber van Rotterdam, uit jouw antwoord te geven op de vraag: “Wat is Rotterdam voor jou?” Jouw verhalen, foto’s en video’s worden ingezet als een belangrijke inspiratiebron voor de regisseurs en scenarioschrijvers van de internationale speelfilm Rotterdam, I Love You die volgend jaar gedraaid wordt. Het doel is om een eerlijk, authentiek beeld van Rotterdam te geven in de film.
How does it work?
Do you want to share with us what Rotterdam means to you? Cool! On the form you can enter text, photos, videos, or other documents. You can send in whatever you want: personal stories, photos of special places in Rotterdam, poems, drawings, home-made videos, really anything. After you’ve uploaded your materials, we may use them in two ways:
- As inspiration for the filmmakers
The materials we receive will be bundled and presented to the eleven directors, plus their screenwriters, that are part of the Rotterdam, I Love You creative team. Each of these eleven directors and their writers will use your input as inspiration to write their story. This means your stories, pictures and videos will form a prime source of inspiration for the makers of the film. So it’s your chance to help show to the world: this is Rotterdam.
- As cool content on social media and other platforms
On top of that, what you share with us and the filmmakers may also be presented in other ways. Your best and most inspiring photos, texts, videos or other materials will be proudly shown on our Facebook page and our website, which has a world-wide reach.
Together, we will show what’s great, unique, inspiring and fascinating about this city. So the whole world will say: Rotterdam, I Love You.
Terms & Conditions
We’re not going to bore you with a gigantic list of complex terms and conditions. We like to keep it short and simple. So, basically, our terms and conditions are as follows.
By clicking “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” when you upload your materials, you agree to the following:
- You hereby declare that everything you upload on this website is legally yours. The materials you upload are not other people’s texts, photos, videos or any material of which you do not own the copyright.
- All of your materials remain yours after uploading. We don’t take ownership of it. Your materials will serve to inspire the creative team behind the film and the general public. If specific and unique story or character elements you upload are consciously and deliberately used in the film by one or more of the filmmakers, you will receive a credit (determined by us) for this on the film.
- We reserve the right to not use the materials you upload. Reasons for us to not use your materials are if they are offensive, illegal or otherwise inappropriate.
- You hereby grant us to use your materials on social media, our website and in print. You will always be credited as the maker and/or owner. When we decide to publish some of your materials, you will be notified of this a couple of days before we publish. You may then choose to revoke your permission before publication.
- If you are a screenwriter and you want to send in a screenplay, synopsis or treatment, please contact us directly.
Need more info?
Do you have any specific questions? Drop us a line! We are more than happy to help.